- Cork Yoga Mats last significantly longer than PVC Yoga Mats.
- Cork is naturally anti-bacterial so they will never smell and the nasty bacteria doesn't harvest within the mat preventing it to break down.
- The majority of yoga mats are made from PVC which contain highly toxic Dioxins. Dioxins can lead to major adverse health effects and The Centre for Health, Environment and Justice, a non-profit organisation based in New York, calls polyvinyl chloride “one of the most hazardous consumer products ever created”
- The Cork Oak is not cut down to manufacture our product. When the tree reaches full maturity the cork can be removed for the first time by shaving the bark.
- By shaving the Cork Oak it breaths in 3-5 times more carbon than if left alone.
- PVC Yoga mats become slippery when you sweat which makes holding your pose difficult.
- Cork has the amazing ability to become tacky when wet as it contains Suberin. When your hands and feet become sweaty within your practice you will find you have significantly more grip than any other Yoga mat on the market.
- Cork naturally kills microorganisms and stops their growth preventing bacteria from multiplying which can cause nasty smells and illness
- The Cork Oak is not cut down to manufacture our product.
- PVC is extremely hard to recycle and it will never completely break down. When PVC gets sent to landfill it releases harmful chemicals into our atmosphere and into our land.